If you are reading this then you are thinking about raising money for us - and we are incredibly grateful that you have chosen us. Our priority as a service always has to be the support of women who have experienced sexual violence which is why we don't do heaps of fundraising ourselves.
We think it should be useful to both provide you with some information you can use in your fundraising and also share with you some of the things we've learned over the years!
Information about our organisation
This is what you can use for press releases or publicity material.
Devon Rape Crisis Service (DRCS) is a service run by women for women of all ages and all backgrounds who live in Devon and Torbay (not including Plymouth). It is a free, confidential support and advocacy service to women who have suffered rape, sexual assault, incest, child sexual abuse, sexual harassment or any form of sexual attack, whether physical, verbal or emotional.
Our support includes;
• Telephone helpline
• Email support
• 1-1 specialist support
• Practical support
In addition to supporting women, DRCS aims to campaign and raise awareness about sexual violence. We do this through working with the statutory and voluntary agencies in Devon and through facilitating space for women�s voices to be heard.
Items you could specifically raise money for
• Cost of training one volunteer - £1,000
• Cost of supporting one volunteer per year (training, expenses, supervision) - £500
• Cost of re-printing 1000 leaflets - £300
• Cost of buying 5 books for our library - £100
If there is something in particular you'd like to fundraise for, please let us know.
Some important information
• We don't have a just giving page that you can use. This is because there is an ongoing cost to us of running this and since there are times when no fundraising is taking place - we end up losing money!
• We do not have any capacity to assist with fundraisers as supporting women takes most of our time. Please make sure you have lots of support from your friends and family before you set off so you don't end up exhausted
• It's a really important distinction to make that you will be fundraising in order to donate to us rather on behalf of us. This is because we have some hefty legal responsibilities as a registered charity and can only hold those for people who are a part of the organisation
• For the above reason we ask that people do not use our logo on publicity material. We are happy to supply a quote saying that we understand you are raising money for us and are grateful - but can't say anything that looks like you work for us
• When your fundraising is successful and you make a donation to us - we always provide an official letter of thanks which specifies how much you have raised. You can use this letter on your social media sites
• We are also very happy to welcome fundraisers to meet us at the office for personal thanks (and photos if this works for you)
• If you get press coverage for your fundraising we are very happy to be contacted for a quote
Please contact us if you need any other information